Re-discovering Health in Nature

Re-Discovering Health in Nature!


Nature is not just the inspiration for my art anymore.....Nature will define how I live my life.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Reboot - Day 5

Today is the first day I haven't enjoyed my juice.  Not sure if it was the combination of veggies: spinach, chard, bok choy, beets, carrots, ginger, only 2 stalks of celery, apples, only 1 lemon and blueberries.  It could be the beet greens that altered the taste?  or perhaps the ginger?  Not sure, but I have 2 more servings already made that I will need to drink today.
I did not lose even a smidgen of weight yesterday!
I added up all of the calories including all of the fruits/veggies I ate.....and it was a few hundred less than my daily allowance (according to my Loseit app.)
I feel like my blog has turned into a complaint log.....so lets remedy that.

Today I will go to Good Harvest and stock up on some more produce.  I am out of greens.....but perhaps I will also pick up some squash......and maybe the watermelon that everyone has been raving about.  I don't like watermelon (one of the very few fruits that I don't like, along with pineapple & coconut), but it contains alot of nutrients, not only in the pink flesh but also in the rind!  I had no idea!   The skin is not good to eat or juice as it may cause stomach upset, but the rind & even the seeds are loaded with nutrients, including:  Citruline (an amino acid), Vit C, Beta Carotene, Lycopene, , along with lesser amounts of:  Vit A, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vit B6, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium & Zinc. 
I just learned that the yellow fleshed watermelon is richer in nutrients than the traditional pink fleshed....so definitely worth seeking out!  And the deeper the yellow, the better!

Unfortunately, for me, exercise has fallen by the steaming wayside this week, as temperature outside have climbed to uncomfortable levels.....near 100 yesterday and pretty darn close to that today!  I am going to muddle thru tho....and at least venture out for a bike ride.  Biking always seems a little more cooling as you glide thru the air with the greatest of ease.

So that is the plan......get inspired in the produce section and exercise.  If I don't settle comfortably into a routine of juicing and exercise BEFORE I return to work full time....it sure won't happen after!



No comments:

Post a Comment