Re-discovering Health in Nature

Re-Discovering Health in Nature!


Nature is not just the inspiration for my art anymore.....Nature will define how I live my life.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Reboot (not just the name of one of my fave cartoons!)

Its taken me a couple of months, but I am finally embracing my juicer's full capabilities!
After watching that documentary many months ago, I began following Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead on Facebook.  Their website is a wealth of information for those about to juice!  or who would like to learn more about such things.  Check it out!  Its all about "rebooting" your life through a juice fast.   Proponents of juicing claim that a juice fast will detoxify your body.  Just think about all of the poisons ingested through commercial produce, meats or processed foods.   Juicing for a period of time, will allow your body to excrete all of the built up toxins, and begin functioning at an optimal level again.  Thats what I'm aiming for!  A posting last weekend on Facebook announced a 5 day group Reboot to begin Monday.  I joined immediately!  Its fine to think about doing something.....which I have been for a couple of months now......but, the camaraderie of fellow Rebooters was just what I needed to actually implement this huge change!  I, along with some 800+ other Rebooters, began the journey on Monday.  It is now Tuesday, and I have survived thus far!  If I can get thru 1 day.....I know I can do many more.  In fact, my plan is to NOT stop after 5 days.  I'd like to go for 30 days before taking a break.  But 1 day at a time.  I should also mention that I am doing what they call a "modified reboot", meaning that along with juicing, I also eat raw fruits and veggies.  Perhaps, one day, I will limit myself to strictly juice....but, for now, this is the path I will follow.!  I must admit, I am craving something more food like, so tonight I will make a raw tomato soup.  I love tomato soup, so I am hoping it will satisfy my craving.  Anyhow, after 1 day, I have lost 2.5#, and I am happy with that!



No comments:

Post a Comment