Re-discovering Health in Nature

Re-Discovering Health in Nature!


Nature is not just the inspiration for my art anymore.....Nature will define how I live my life.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Putting it All in Motion

My new juicer is on its way!
Now I need to find some juicing recipes to camouflage the vegetable tastes.  Did I mention that I loathe vegetables?  I simply can't stomach the taste.  I literally gag.  Wish there was a Sneaky Chef book for juicing!
The good news is:  I truly love fruits.....so, I'm sure I can hide most anything!

Next step:  New running shoes.  Not that I am a runner.....but, I have enormous ambitions!  At any rate, I needed a good pair of shoes for walking & working out.....with great faith that they will eventually lead me to running.
I decided to, finally, actually find out what kind of foot I have, in order to buy the appropriate shoe.
First off....to find out the state of my arch (which I have always thought was high), I dipped my foot into a pan of water and stepped onto a brown paper bag(flattened).  It turns out my arch is somewhere between normal and high.
Next....I stood in front of a mirror to determine my pronation.
I have neutral pronation.
Now, there are lots of shoes out there, and I'm sure many have wonderful attributes....but, I decided on Saucony, as I'd read tons of reviews by avid runners exclaiming the virtues of many a Saucony shoe.
Choosing just one was a difficult decision.  My main priority was versatility.  I want to be able to walk or run on multiple surfaces, ie: road, trail, treadmill, as well as general work outs.....Plus....I wanted something lightweight, minimal so I would still be happy wearing them in the middle of the summer.
I decided on the ProGrid Peregrine, which features a "minimalist low profile" and multi-directional lug sole for traction on uneven surfaces, ie trails!
Can't wait for their arrival!
Thats enough spending for one day!
I'm off to the Library (imagine that in this day & age) to find some books on juicing, as well as Ed Begley's book on simple living.

No comments:

Post a Comment